5 STEPS TO FIND THE PERFECT STYLIST
1. START YOUR SEARCH EARLY
• Don’t wait until the last minute when you’re desperate.
• Search when you can take your time and weigh your options
2. GET REFERRALS!
• Ask friends, family (AND STRANGERS!) who does their hair!
• Ask about their relationship with the stylist.
• How long they have been doing their hair?
• What services have they had performed?
• How is the stylist’s personality?
• Are they good with references/ideas or are they best when left to their own creativity?
• What is their pricing?
3. RESEARCH ONLINE
• Search social media.
• Look back at older photos of the stylist work to see the stylists range and consistency.
• Look for stylists whose work identifies with your personal style.
• Think about your current style but also about how you may want to grow or change your style in the future.
• Search for reviews!
• Visit salon websites
4. VISIT SALONS IN PERSON!
• Get a feel for the vibe and pace of the stylists and the salon
• Talk to the receptionist/salon coordinator. They are great resources for stylist referrals and stylist schedules
• Request a consultation. This is a great way to test how well your personalities mesh. It will also help you to see if you and the stylist are on the same page. If after the consultation you’re not 100% Don’t be afraid to consult with multiple stylists before booking an appointment.
5. GO WITH YOUR GUT!
• Working with a hairstylist is a relationship.
• You should have chemistry!
• Pick a stylist that’s easy to talk to and seems to “get you” and vice versa.